Skip to main content

NEW POST

​A Quiet Visit to the Live Turtle Museum: Finding Comfort in Grief

Live Turtle Museum at 11 Chencharu Close The Gentle Motivation Behind the Visit The Live Turtle Museum reopened at its new location on August 23, 2026. By a heartbreaking coincidence, that very same week, I lost my beloved baby of 26 years . Just a week later, while still deep in grief, I decided to make the trip. Being just a short bus ride from my house in Yishun, it felt close enough to reach out and a touch of familiar comfort. But stepping inside brought a flood of conflicting emotions. I found myself looking at all these gentle creatures living, breathing, and thriving, while my own one and only was gone forever. It sparked a strange, heavy mix of feelings that I hope people can pardon, as grief naturally makes the heart process things in complex ways. Tucked next to HomeTeamNS Khatib and surrounded by the ongoing construction of upcoming BTOs, the site carries a sense that it may not be their permanent home for long. It made me think of how stressful moving from place to place ...

New found goodie!

Alright... Working at Raffles Place is real costly. Cos there is always something that attract your attention, especially your wallet. And from there, you have to spend and spend... So my colleagues found this wonderful stuff. I have misplaced the brochure which states the benefits of this seaweed jelly. It is expensive so we share among colleagues which will be cheaper. One pack 4 cubes. 1 cube to 1200ml water was my initial try. I try out on Osmanthus flavour. It looks v watery but actually it has solidified. Strange right? Compare with those jelly we made, this is totally different. It is like the ice jelly we have at dessert stall. Nice. Not that sweet but not bland too. It blends in well with lime. My mum said we should buy those mixed cocktails and have it together. It took almost a day to get it fix. Maybe because I did it in the night time. Hahahah... Love it when it is chilled. Easy to swallow because it is still that watery. 


I shall find that brochure and let all you peeps to read about the benefits.  I do remember something on collagen. Hmm... Good! Up till now, I did the 2nd cube. Cant wait to try on Rock Sugar flavour.

Popular Posts