Skip to main content

NEW POST

Exploring Katong: From Iconic Laksa to Vintage Finds (BONUS! POP Bakery)

Date of Visit: 19 September 2026 A weekend date with your partner doesn’t always require an expensive meals, an overpriced plane ticket or an elaborate itinerary. Sometimes, the best trips are right in our own backyard that blends in rich local flavors, a walk down memory lane, and a relaxed afternoon exploring historic neighborhoods. If you're looking for a perfect day trip in Singapore, here is how we spent a meaningful weekend re-exploring the charm, nostalgia, and hidden gems of Katong and Marine Parade. My hubby will be the storyteller for the day. Nostalgic Detour: Roxy Square Address: 50 East Coast Rd Singapore 428769 Nearest MRT: Marine Parade (TEL) We kicked off our day with Roxy Square . Built on the historic site of the old Roxy Theatre, this spot retains a quiet retro charm. Wandering through its classic tailor shops, traditional beauty salons, and quiet music nooks felt like stepping into another era; a true hidden gem for anyone who appreciates the quieter side of her...

Q Q Stuffy

Let me show u those cute stuffs I've found whereva I go...

I come to know about this snacky during my class. A classmate bought this at 7-11. I find the packaging cute and looks like u are having a pack of juice or milk. Hahaha... And it's colourful. Not available at all 7-11, I guess. Only found it at the 3rd one which is at Raffles Place, the underground passageway towards One Marina Boulevard etc. Cost $2.30 per pack and I bought 2. Hahahah..... Is cheese flavour, not my favourite so I brought home for my mum.

Next will be the mini Tic Tac. I'm not so sure if there is anywhere but I found it at a provision shop. Call me a mountain tortoise if u saw this somewhere else. Hahahah... But is cute. I bought 3 flavours, cost me 40cents each. Got scolded by my guy for buying even when it is 40cents. But I'm not gonna have it but put it as display. Hahahahahha....

Next, Vitasoy. Is yet again during my class. My classmate has a spare Vitasoy so she gave it to me. Very Chinese New Year packaging. Can't help snap a shot of it. Hahahahah.... Especially the one 'Working Moments'. I should say is comical too. Are u in that mood too?

Popular Posts