Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Couple Run Again

Ya not exactly couple run but is the Safari Zoo Run 2012. Woohoo.... My guy is being forced to join this run with me, yet again after last year's Safra Army Half Marathon 2011. Hahahahah... That was his first ever paid run (yup, paid by me) and today is his 2nd ever despite he is sick actually. Plus leg pain. Anyway, was a good one. We joined the Fun Run as usual (like the one last year). 6km actually is killing him. But luckily we managed to complete a non stop 2km then subsequently, walk and run till the finishing point. His legs aching again. Especially his knee. Sigh... What is the reason? Too much of up slope. Down slope is still not so bad. But up slope is killing him. For me is a challenge. I usually run on straight road...... But today, is like never before. As we walk, he was saying that if want to train for this run, should go to Macritchie Reservoir. Why? Cos mainly terrains. Arrghh... I think I too comfort with my current running route and forgotten that there is still another kind of challenging routes ahead. Anyway... is inside the zoo. The route from Night Safari to Singapore Zoo. Saw lotsa ppl stopping to take photos of the animals which we passed by. Hahahah... Can't expect much. This is a fun run. But love it! Especially with him.

So I think for the moment, I will join other runs myself. He is so nagging. First of all, he is reluctant to join. Or should I say he doesn't want to join at all but because of me, no choice. Arrghh... I think I can run better results without him along. Black face early in the morning. Don't like that all. Arrghhhhhh..... My target for this year's Shape Run will be 25 minutes for 5km. Last year was my best personal timing. So this year I must improve by at least a 5 mins or better. But I set it at 5 mins. Trust me. I can do it! WOohoooo....

Popular Posts