Food Review | Salt Tapas & Bar Singapore

It has never come across my mind of coming here because I feel that I don't fit in that crowd. But since the birthday lady chose this place, may as well just do a review too. 

Flipping through the menu to see what suits our palate and decided on a few of their Sharing Starters and later Sharing Mains. Based on the descriptions on the menu, we have to expect the unexpected. And I'm right about that. I guess the only thing that is much more closer to heart will be the drinks menu.


Sharing Starters

Mushroom Parfait, Pickles, Onion Jam, Garlic Toast $12


The presentation scores. The only thing I fancy will be the toast. And the mushrooms, to add. Neither into that mushroom parfait nor onion jam. Omit it.


Hand Cut Chips, Truffle, Parmesan $12


Hope this is not the only saving grace, although it isn't the best. I still prefer chips that are not too chunky. Crinkle fries for example is the maximum size that I like to have. Nice attempt to top with shredded cheese.


Tiger Prawns, Compressed Melon, Jamon, Labneh, Chives $22


As usual, presentation wins. Because I absolutely love prawns so trying my luck on this since we are clueless.


Mojito 



Sharing Mains

Cumin and Chilli Spiced Jumbo Squid, Papaya & Green Mango Salad $26


Finally something that is worth the calories. Chewy grilled squids and refreshing salad to go with. Helps to reduce the greasiness although not really. Okay okay! I like this. You topped among the rest we ordered.


Whole Baby Barramundi, Clams, Prawn & Pearl Barley Risotto, Dried Tomato, Parsley Cream (Large) $48


The fish wins! If you were to squeeze some lemon over, it will be so great. No comments on the risotto. Don't really fancy the super strong seafood taste.

Probably I don't really know how to appreciate such cuisine. I'm too Asian. And if you are of the opposite of me, try it yourself and maybe you have different views. On the pricey side but once awhile, splurge if you know how to appreciate them food.

Salt Tapas & Bar Singapore
#01-22A, Raffles City Shopping Centre
No 252, North Bridge Road,
Singapore 179103
Nearest MRT: City Hall (EW Line, Interchange)