Food Review | Yet Con 逸群 Chicken Rice

Heard a lot of times from my parents, and even my husband about this Chicken Rice stall at Purvis Street. The opportunity comes when I'm running errand at Bras Basah with the husband. Dinner settled. Given the limited seating capacity, so I guess you can wait when it is full house. Lady luck is on my side. So wait no longer. Quite looking forward to it.

FOOD

Anyway, let's talk about food. To be honest, I find it decent but nothing to shout about. But it didn't stop the crowd from flowing in, be it lunch or dinner. I do love their soup, especially when I'm not a soup person. Tasty and I can't stop. And as I'm quite into a heavier taste on chicken rice, the ones at Yet Con is on the lighter side. Spent $17 including drinks is somehow reasonable (not very but okay), given the limited choice in their menu (Chicken Rice + Char Siew + Steamboat). I think got expanded menu esp steamboat.




RESTAURANT INTERIOR

I must say I really love that this restaurant has the most retro setting. According to my husband, he came here before for dinner like many years back and it has not changed much. Like wow... it feels like I'm at my paternal grandparents' house at Taman Ho Swee back in the early 80s. The house is also the most retro one I ever lived in when I was a kid. So nostalgia.






The staff working there is already old and I wonder how long they will continue this business. If their kids or grandchildren were to take over from them, you see hopes. If not, say goodbye to this 75 years old school Chicken Rice restaurant. 

You may want to visit them at:

Yet Con Restaurant
25 Purvis Street
Singapore 188602
Nearest MRT: City Hall