Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Food Review | Pecori-An Japanese Restaurant

I have to make this clear that for me, I seldom read reviews before heading to a particular restaurant for my meal. Only at times but not all the time. Because I believe each individual has their own unique taste bud. Good or bad reviews, it doesn't really matter because it may turn out good for you. You never know. Usually my visit to restaurants are impromptus. No queue, I will pop in and try. And most importantly, I don't care if the restaurants/food outlets are crowded with people (which seems like their food are nice) and  I paid for my meals. Unless I label my post with invites. If everyone keeps to themselves when they feel it isn't nice or whatever, the restaurants/food outlets will never improve and always think they serve the best food. But end of the day, it all depends on individual. You can't strike off that restaurant just because of that bad reviews. You need to try before judging. That's it! 

Here I am at Pecori-An, a Japanese restaurant that serves main courses, sides and hotpots. I remember the previous owner of that same unit is Secret Garden, which serves steamboat. Anyway, wanted to try Bijin Nabe at Tsukada Nojo which is just a unit away from Pecori-An but the waiting time leads us to choose an alternative. So that choice is Pecori-An.

Anyway, it didn't turn out what my friend and I expected. Ordered a hotpot (on promotion), Curry udon and their Antyobi Potato fries. 

Chicken Soup Hotpot + Ingredients for 1 pax
Big Oysters
Hotpot
This hotpot looks very healthy with lots of vegetables and also the mushrooms. As for the chicken, too big a chunk with the skin on. It shouldn't be in this way. But the saving grace will be their soup base. Another collagen soup wannabe. But still far from it. 

Curry Udon
When it wass served up to us, quite turned off at the chicken and the colour of that curry. The udon was good. The curry taste was quite light and not very flavourful. The chicken was the worst I guess. I like skin off but here, it is not. The cut was a little to big. And it didn't blend in with the curry. This one fails me big times. I can have better ones elsewhere. 

Antyobi Potato fries
The plate of fries is quite oily as seen on the plate. Truffle fries wannabe. But the taste is not there yet. Quite disappointed. Not worth the money. 

Oh they have a free mini buffet spread with limited variety like pudding, salad and so on.

Visit them at:

Pecori-An Japanese Restaurant
133 New Bridge Road
#02-39 Chinatown Point
Singapore 059413
Nearest MRT: Chinatown (NEL/DTL)

Popular Posts