Skip to main content

NEW POST

Celebrating 30 Years of Starbucks SG: Hunting Down 8 Iconic Store Stamps in 2 Weeks

Whether you’re team YouTube or team Blog, I’ve got you covered! Moving forward, I’ll be pairing my video uploads with extra-detailed blog posts so you get the full scoop every time. In honor of Starbucks’ 30th Anniversary in Singapore (opened in 14.12.1996) , they released exclusive store stamps across 8 iconic outlets . I set out on a two-week mission to collect every single one. And it turned out to be equal parts of café exploration and endurance test; braving the intense tropical heat of Singapore and racking up serious steps as part of my daily exercise, just to reach outlets like Gardens by the Bay! But discovering new stores and filling up my journal made every step worth it. Here’s how the whole quest went down! Grab a journal card at any of the 8 iconic stores and get started! #1 Stop - Chinatown My stamp hunt officially kicked off at the 37 Smith Street outlet in Chinatown, the most convenient starting point for me since it’s just one stop train ride from my office during m...

Home Decors Making with Dior Paper Carriers

I actually have never thought of doing up home decors this way but when I saw a Dior fan on Instagram did it, I'm like why not? Since I have Dior paper carriers, I can do a picture wall of the different designs I got for my home. Thank you Vicky for the inspiration.

So first of all, I got rid of old canvas paintings I bought from local and overseas (yes I got those small ones from Melbourne, Australia years back) to be ready for my new frames. Made a few trips down to IKEA for my frames and hooks purchase because I couldn't make up my mind how many I wanna do up (a.k.a sacrificing those precious paper carriers). At this moment, I still need a few more frames. Haha...

Doing it was super easy. All you need is frames and scissor/cutter. Then start cutting the paper to fit the frame, position them to look more aesthetically pleasing and bam... you are done and ready to hang them up! Because paper carriers are 2-sided so you can do 2 of the same to hang in your living room or personal room. Why not, right? This is actually quite a low cost home decors that anyone can do for your home (not asking you to go buy luxury brands in order to do so). And it isn't that expensive to buy the frames at IKEA (probably cost you SGD30 for 2-3 frames, depending on the size). It can last you for a long time (I mean the frames) while interchanging of the pictures you want as time goes by. Most importantly, there can be more fun ideas than this too.

To have those paper carriers means you need to buy something, right?. To me, the paper carriers come with a price tag too, on top of my items. Because Dior is my top favourite luxury brand, so I want more of its presence in my home. So just do it with any carriers you have and fancy at home.

The Classic Dior Paper Carrier Design

Conveniently doing it up at home

Dior Cruise 2024 Collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri

Dior Cruise 2024 Collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri

Dior Cruise 2024 Collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri

The making of these home decors already up on my Channel. A total of 3 different frames and designs. Have you watch already? Don't miss it. Too simple not to do it.




ICYMI, read about the start of my Dior fandom here too.

BONUS! I also framed up my Van Gogh Starry Night poster that I got from the exhibition in 2023 (catch up on the post here). I'm not like artsy person but I do like this piece of his work.

Van Gogh's Starry Night

Disclaimer: All the above were paid by the writer. Not a sponsored post. 

Popular Posts