Day Out with the Folks | Bukit Gombak Park and Little Guilin

Wasn't planning this trip at all but the changes in my supposed schedule made it possible. It has been long since I went out with my folks to visit places of interest. We avoid crowded places like malls (not their cup of tea too) unless we need to feed ourselves but on this first day (27 Sep 2021) of 2 pax dine-in (revert back to 2 pax again), not possible anymore till after 24 Oct 2021.

So after my hair treatment, I got takeaways to eat with them at home before heading out for the Bukit Gombak trip.

Bukit Gombak Park

Location: Opposite Bukit Batok Driving Centre (you will see Whisk and Paddle at the entrance)

We took bus 187 from our place and alighted at HomeTeamNS stop. Walked towards your right when you alight (towards BBDC direction), crossed the traffic and turned left.


All I can say is this place is just another park, perfect for a morning or evening walk. The tranquility, the 🌿 green surroundings plus 🌺 flower spotting. For the seniors, have a good walk there with not much of stairs, unlike the one to Mount Faber. So totally swift and easy stroll.






Whoever lives in those blocks at the back will get the best view of this park. Like in the morning, you wake up to a spread of greens when you open up the windows. Good for your eyes. That is what my mum always tell me to wake up and look at the greens out there. 🤷‍♀️

Little Guilin

Direction to Little Guilin

Take bus 945 from Bukit Gombak MRT Station and alight right at the next stop, Bukit Gombak Stadium if you didn't wanna walk.

We took 945 from the busstop right outside Swiss Cottage Sec Sch (opp HomeTeamNS) after walking the Gombak Park and dropped at the same busstop mentioned above.


Little Guilin is a small nature park located in Bukit Batok, created from granite rock that sits in the lake. Have not been here for decades. I think the last I came was when I was a kid. Nothing changed. Nice view from every angle. I heard from my folks last time Mediacorp will use this place for shooting.






There were 2 different sections of Little Guilin that was connected in the same area. Do a little bit of walk okay? So that is all for this post. Another visit to places in the West done. Stay tune for more.