What to do in your 40s | Mind Body Soul

This post will serve as an updated version from my previous post because I'm in the 40s Club. There are some new stuff I do or already been doing but not listed in my previous post and a few repeated ones that I have to emphasize again to remind myself not to neglect them given my 40s of age now and to also enjoy myself through the graceful aging process. Let's see how I live for the next 10 years till my next milestone 50.

Click the link to my previous post: https://iamstellachen.blogspot.com/2020/10/lifestyle-self-care-101.html

This is the point of view from a married woman with no kids. Take it as a reference for those with kids.

1. TAKE A WALK AROUND YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD

Don't get yourself stuck at home for too long. Go for a walk. Not enough to burn some fats but take your mind away from home to enjoy some alone time outside at coffeeshop, provision shops, small malls or even go buy lottery. Or get surprises like me spotting mural arts at HDB blocks that are newer than my estate. It really changes one's mood after that. I will try to go out during lunch time though is damn hot weather. But when it rains, we will start complaining cannot go out. So don't be whiny. Take a outdoor walk even if it is a meaningless walk. Take a look at your neighbourhood, get to know the place you live. Don't have to be like shopping always. 

2. 30 MINUTES OF EXERCISE

If you remember me mentioned in my previous post on treadmill running, you can also find a suitable fitness regime that you are comfortable with to help push you to exercise regularly. And in my opinion, at least 30 minutes each session. If you can pump yourself more, why not? Sometimes I can go up to 50 minutes.

I used to run outdoor but due to laziness plus Covid-19, I run indoor more which I used to find it boring running on treadmill until we got an affordable treadmill from Decathlon which feels like I'm in the gym.  

Anyways, if treadmill regime is boring to you, try doing so by watching your fave shows. I personally will find shows on my Samsung Tab that are at least 30 minutes long so that I can push myself that far. Try watching food shows. That will motivate you to work harder. It does make me hungry thou.

Oh ya.... I have got headaches once a while on weekends especially so when I don't wanna take panadols, I tried sweating it out. It did worked for me like 6 out of 10 times. Depends on individual's body constitution.

3. LESSEN YOUR PHONE TIME

Embrace your Womanhood

Because of advanced technology, almost everybody is on the phone instead of papers or books, and even tv. I have to admit I'm one of those. But when I really put my phone away and watch, it feels good thou. Your concentration go to the show and not the phone. And you enjoy a good laugh.

Recently I'm watching Friends from 1st Season up to now, Season 9, in like a week or two. I just can't stop laughing. Best sitcom ever. And there is also LA's Finest which I'm watching too.

I also watched Restaurants on the Edge, Somebody feed Phil, Emily in Paris and many other Korean dramas. 

Take your time, enjoy a good laugh and exciting thrill of the show instead of the phone.

I'm trying to take away more phone time too. Because so addicted to watching FB Live. Blame Covid! All stuck at home. But soon, it will be endemic rather than pandemic in Singapore. So new norm but life goes on. Can't wait to travel soon.

4. LISTEN TO CAFE/JAZZ MUSIC FOR MIND AND SOUL

I enjoy chilling out at cafes because it feels good though can be quite noisy with the human talking from every table. The music they play are so soothing and now I always pump the music at home. If you work from home, tune in to jazz music at a lower volume to ease your mood or during lunch time when you take a rest or have your lunch for that one hour. 

The Mister was so surprised when I played jazz music on a Sunday. Excuse me. Better than your noisy techno music. So irritating. I actually wonder how I can tolerate techno music when I was young.

5. WEAR CRYSTALS/GEMSTONES FOR PROSPERITY, HEALTH AND LOVE


Since December 2020, I started buying affordable crystals from FB Live and now seems out of control. But managed to stop buying because the whole house is filled with those good aura (at least in my own observation) already

I suggest ladies to get a good Garnet 石榴石 to wear. It is known as the Women's health stone 女人石and it helps to regulate blood circulation in our body. Talk about our monthly thing. It detoxifies the blood, keeping our heart healthy. It reduces depression and many more.

Next, a Labradorite 拉长石. For beauty purpose, you also need ample of sleep. For those who have problem sleeping well at night, get this one. 

Another one will be Tourmaline 碧玺. As many will know this as 旺夫,旺子,旺家庭. Beneficial for all ladies because not just for your own prosperity but the rest of your family too. You will benefit from it

Lastly, a Strawberry Quartz or Rose Quartz 草莓晶/粉晶 for all the love that you wanna have with your boyfriend, husband or even friends. It draws a better human relationship with one another.

Please take in everything with a pinch of salt. It probably works on others but not you. It depends on the properties to give out the best from it. For me, I wear them all day long (except shower and sleep). And it did me some good though. The luck and wisdom that I needed (referring to other crystals that I wear too). 

Go grab anything to wear as bracelet, earstuds, necklace, rings or for displays like a tower or cluster.

6. HAVE A BALANCED MEAL (I'M TRYING...)

I tried not to eat too much especially dinner. Because there is a saying: have a full breakfast, have a good lunch and have a small/light dinner. That is why I can have nasi lemak, fried beehoon and so on for breakfast. Then ponder over what to have for lunch later, which can be quite annoying. Then my dinner, salad or fruits are must have before Mister decides what to have (usually heavy). He is a complete opposite of that saying, which troubles me.

And now with the Working from Home thingy going on, I had lesser than usual. Because I'm either lazy to cook or lazy to head out. Seriously, I'm not one that will queue for food (I applause those who can patiently wait). Whichever stalls have short or no queue, you get my business so long there is something I will eat. So with that, I make do with what is available at home to fill that stomach up. Airfry those frozen food, cook a cup noodles (easy to throw after that), snack on fruits or titbits. I tried to snack on nuts if possible but when there is craving for chips, too bad.

My Fruit Platter

Probably for me, I emphasize more on fruits (mentioned in my previous post on daily fruit intake). My fridge cannot go without fruits because the Mister will complain. So the usual will be oranges, apples and when there is offer or discounts, dragon fruits, blueberries, papaya and watermelon. The more variety the merrier. Sometimes you can make them into fruit platter all for yourself as, a meal. I do so mostly dinner time. The Mister can have whatever he wants for dinner (filling ones like rice or noodles) and I don't care.

For constipated humans, please take more fruits and vegetables. Not just either of them but a mix of both.

7. DRINK TEA

My piles of tea leaves/bags at home

I actually prefer tea over coffee. Once a while a hot chocolate no whipped cream from Starbucks or Black Forest Frap from Coffeebean. And both make me run toilet. I don't know why but I'm used to it and guess my stomach is stronger than before after so many runs.

Not sure when it started but Tea is my favourite. Green Tea for slimming and Black Tea for enjoyment (in my opinion). Most welcome if my Christmas presents are Tea bags or leaves. I can slowly enjoy them at home and even more when I'm working from home. Usually I go for hot tea but if you enjoy cool brew, go for it.

Imagine drinking a cup of tea while playing some jazz music at the background. Read a book, chill at home like you chill at cafes.

8. HAVE TONIC/SUPPLEMENT FOR A BOOST

Some of my EYS stash at home

I was introduced to Bak Foong Pill since young (or maybe when I started work) by my mum. And the first brand she recommended was Eu Yan Sang. Since then, I only know Eu Yan Sang when I need to stock up my Bak Foong Pill. And I will always seize the chance when there is good discounts both bak foong pills and bottled bird nest. Oh ya... I'm their member too. 

It really did helped to regulate my menses because when I was younger, it was so irregular or should I say, not on time. Probably because of my diet and lifestyle.

As mentioned in my previous post, I also take supplements like Vitamin B and C, Lutein Care, Zinc and sometimes, Collagen. Ever since I started taking Vitamin C like 13 years ago, my sinus problem eased. I seldom get running nose the moment I wake up and less chances of bad flu which can last for a week. It was terrible before I started taking Vitamin C and thankful for the advice from the Mister and him pushing me to take regularly. Before I met him, I only took Evening Primrose Oil and Vitamin C on and off because of budget constrain. Don't earn much back then.

9. WEEKLY DETOX

I have a post on what I have for detoxing, click here to read. I'm still doing it because much needed to prevent my pimple outbreak. The food intake determines what will take place in our body that triggers the pimples on your face. At least for me. So on weekends before I sleep, I will take a sachet to clear the toxic from our body. Satisfaction the following day.

Oh... I drink Vitagen too. My bowel movement is quite regular but drinking Vitagen is like a boost. I also rely on drinking water, salad and fruits for that purpose. And it really did worked on me. Hopefully on you too.

10. LEARN TO COOK AND BAKE

Tarts are bought for photoshoot. Lol

I know since the pandemic started, lots of self-learnt home cook popping out. Dishing out lots of food and bakes at home especially Circuit Breaker period. All of a sudden everyone turns into a cook. Neglecting the fact that there are those who cook almost everyday pre-Covid. 

Anyway, learning to cook and bake isn't a bad idea. You are learning a life skill. Not only you can cook for your family, but you can also cook for others too be it for charities or your own profit. I have been doing that since I'm married. Learning from the Mister. So the era changed. Guys can cook too, not just us ladies.

My new t-shirt is up for grabs. Trending B.T.S

I have my own B.T.S too. It is Bake Taste Savour. Priced at SGD 15 per piece, Unisex size available from S to XL and 3XL. In Tiffany Blue and Gold colour.

Drop by our Lazada store and pick your favourite tee now! And grab $2 OFF voucher before checking out of your cart.