[RECIPE] Spiral Pasta Salad


The reason for making this pasta salad is part of my routine cleaning of my kitchen. By means of cleaning, I'm gonna cook with what I have without wasting any food. I have a pack of Spirals left untouched for very long, savaging last 2 carrots in the fridge that were already beginning to rot, expired parsley flakes that still looked okay to me and my roasted sesame sauce that was again left untouched after my last round of salad. Recently didn't have any motivation to cook but then this week since I'm working from home, why not just take this opportunity to do so? If not, my brain will continue to slack entirely.

Ingredients:

374g of Spirals pasta, boil with salt
1 Broccoli, cut into small pieces and boil with salt and oil
2 tomatoes, cut into small pieces after removing the middle part
1-2 carrots, cut into small cubes and boil
Parsley flakes
Roasted Sesame sauce
Hardboiled eggs, sliced into 4 pieces per egg (optional)


Method:

1. Preparation: cutting of ingredients (broccoli, tomatoes, carrots) and wash clean.
2. Pour in spirals in boiling water and cook till al dente.
3. Drain and run under tap water. Set aside.
4. Do the same for broccoli and carrots (Step 2-3).
5. Once done, mix well all ingredients together in a salad bowl with parsley flakes.
6. Drizzle with roasted sesame sauce and serve it cold or in normal room temperature. 

Didn't know the taste blends well with sesame sauce. Lucky me. No need to buy any other salad sauces which I think will not be used often. Hurray! Try it now!

Alternatively, if you wish for something warm and flavourful without any sauces to up the taste, feel free to put them in the wok and cook like aglio olio. It is that simple. Minced garlic and salt will do the trick. Cheers.