Food Review | Top 6 Favourite Fast Food

Fast food are ready-made or processed food that can be served fast and piping hot (some times I get it cold though). Most of the time, food are done through deep frying so it is a convenient choice for busy bees who want speedy food while on the go. However when there is a long queue, it means you will be served a little late. I feel it defeats the purpose of fast food at times. But then on good days, you get your food served fast within a minute or two upon ordering. So still not that bad.

Whenever my mum sees that my bro and I having fast food or chips, she will nag and says the food are too heaty and need to drink more herbal tea to dissipate the heat. Pop pimples, grow ulcer. She will always warn us not just on this but others too. But we will conveniently buy whenever we are outside, just to feed the itchy mouth with snacks or even as a proper meal. I think that is the reason why my pimple outbreak since Secondary 3, even till now still popping is a result of such diet and not mainly because of purberty. Haha...

So finally I'm done with this post which can be quite selective because I have my personal favourites from the different food outlets. Let's see how many of you out there has the same palate as me.



I put this first because the fries is so addictive as ever. Since my younger days, I love having their crispy battered fries and the crumbs that comes with it. Sometimes they give a lot, and sometimes they don't. And then their shrimps. Fresh shrimps coated with their batter, this is absolutely good. Though a little pricey, but worth it once awhile. 

Good thing is we will receive coupons in our letterbox whenever they have promotions. That makes me really excited because we can have their meals at a lower price. And we can reuse their coupons. Saving the environment.

MY PICKS:
1) Fries (Large: $2.50, XL: $3.50)
2) Shrimps (6pcs Meal w Drink: $7.90, Ala Carte 2pcs: $1.90)



2. A&W

Who doesn't love A&W? I remembered my first A&W experience in the 90s when I was just a Secondary School student. I would hang out with my classmates at the outlet at Clementi Central, which was big and not much patrons, and would get their curly fries and rootbeer float because I just loved it. Even until now, I will still choose them over and over again. Plus my latest love: Waffle Ice Cream. At bakeries, we can get plain waffles and add them with ice cream at home (if you have). Just that the waffle here at A&W is much thicker. The Belgian type of waffle.

Normally I see people order chicken wings, coney dogs but not for me if I don't have the urge. I never tried their wings before though.

Before A&W is back again in Singapore after disappearing for a decade long (or more), I only get my hands on them whenever I go JB, Bangkok or Batam and it feels pathetic. Now no more such feelings. The nearest one to my place will be AMK outlet. Woohoo.... 

MY PICKS:
1) Curly Fries ($3.60)
2) Waffle Ice Cream ($7.90 with toppings)
3) Rootbeer Float with Ice Cream ($3.50)




Not sure when it started but yes I love their Kakiage Burger and my husband was influenced by me into it. We did tried the other burgers in their menu but none of them have shaken our stand for Kakiage. The sauce drizzled on the seafood in between is the key. Sweet and savoury. 

Then one other item in our list will be Butterfly prawns. 5 pieces didn't satisfied us so thereafter, we will order 15 pieces. A shrimp slits into half like a butterfly. Crispy and their coating is different from that of Long John Silver's (LJS's batter is thicker). You can even eat the tails too. Both are good and they have their own unique selling points.

MY PICKS:
1) Kakiage Rice Burger ($3.90)
2) Butterfly Prawns ($3.50 for 5 pcs or $8.50 for 15 pcs)



I used to hang out with friends at BK for fries, onion rings and lemon barley. Now, I will usually grab a fries and onion rings as proper meal. Because only BK has onion rings in their menu, so whenever there is a craving, that is the only place to go. But I don't like the fact that when I buy a large size Onion Rings, it looks so little. The price doesn't really match the quantity. Always not enough but buying 2 packs are as good as buying a meal. 

Not to forget their breakfast menu, hashbrowns (not in the photo). Not the ones we get at Mcdonald's but a small golden round in shape hashbrowns. Popping into the mouth conveniently. Can this be their all day menu instead of just breakfast? Just a suggestion.

MY PICKS:
Onion Rings (Large: $3.70)




Support local business and here I am. Recently went to their coffeeshop at Mackenzie Road for lunch with my folks. The food there were quite mediocre but their quick bites are okay. My husband and I have our favourites like Sotong Wing Onstik (which I influenced him) and Chicken Wing. The reason why I like the Sotong Wing because I like a balance of meaty and chewy texture and this is better than Sotong Head. The Chicken Wings are actually thick in batter and taste mediocre. But just don't know why we still get them at times. But at least it is cooked thoroughly (if some are not cooked properly, you will see traces of blood as you bite further in). He doesn't like the ones at IKEA because of this reason. Very particular thou.

Carrot cake and Spring roll are my own favourites. Especially the former where I will drizzle with some chilli sauce of theirs (they provide at their stalls) and eat them. Nice. Not too oily.

Their prices have been increasing over the years. I used to get carrot cake for less than a dollar. Talk about inflation ya.

MY PICKS:
1) Carrot K8 ($1.50)
2) Spring O ($1.60)
3) Chicken Wings ($1.80)
4) Sotong Wing Onstik ($1.80)



Rather than the hotdog bun and ice cream, even their chicken wings (Mister hates it when it wasn't fried properly and the blood traces is the proof), we loved their curry puffs and spring rolls. I don't know why but you have to agree that their curry puffs were good as the pastry isn't that thick. The fillings have this sweetness in it. We will usually get 5 of them back home and at times it wasn't enough to satisfy. The spring rolls were decent but cheaper than those at Old Chang Kee. 

MY PICKS:
1) Curry Puffs (5 for $5)
2) Spring Roll (2 for $1.50)
.
.
.
What do you think of my choice? I think some are common favourites especially from Burger King, A&W and Long John Silver's. And these are the ones we will have whenever the craving kicks in.

You tell me lah. Who can ever resist crispy, crunchy and fresh food? Probably some can but not me for sure. Imagine the world without fast food or fried food, superb no life right? I know there are other great food out there. But some also need frying right? Ha Cheong Gai also fried food. Sweet and Sour Pork also need to go thru frying before stir-fry with sweet and sour sauce, right?

I think since 2014 or 2015, Singapore has been promoting the use of healthier oil to food operators and you can identify them through the decal issued by Health Promotion Board. So no need to worry, rite? But still, have them in moderation and exercise regularly too. If not, you gonna put on weight. Cheers.