[RECIPE] Pork Satay


Out there, Satays are quite expensive. When we were young, we could get it at cheaper price like 30-50 cents. Now where to find such price? The cheapest is 70 cents each, depending on the type of meat you wanna get. Some can be a dollar and above too.

Anyway, for this recipe I spent $3 for the meat (not including the marinade because is from the existing items in our kitchen). So each stick costs around $0.35/stick from what I manage to do. I'm satisfied.

Adapted from The MeatMen's recipe but make do with quite a bit of items for marinade. It still taste good. And I just want to use what I have to achieve my Pork Satay. No need to buy additional stuff. My meat is also from the existing stash in my freezer.

The key ingredient to achieve that taste probably be coriander and cumin. When you start grilling, the aroma just surfaced out. To try is to believe.

Yield: 9 sticks

Ingredient:
250g pork meat, cut into thin chunks 

I use Porkee Frozen Pork brand found at Fairprice, meant for Sweet and Sour Pork.

Marinade:
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sweet dark sauce
2 tbsp sunflower oil.


Method:
1) Mix the marinade with the meat and set for half a day in the fridge.
2) Use the skewers to thread the meat.
3) Heat up the grill. No need oil.
3) Put the skewers in and let it cook well on both side. 

Want a little charred? Put a little longer but don't overcook.

Never make any sauce because the taste was good enough to enjoy on its own.

Enjoy.