Culinary | No-Bake Jelly Cheesecake

Previously I used the premix from Betty Crocker to make No Bake Cheesecake but when I wanna do it again, no where I can find it again. Did they just stop this product line? Probably it is. My parents and husband love it to bits. So after procrastinating for very long, I decided to make one from scratch instead.  Being a noob, I have to start with a simple recipe so that I can advance from there. Alas... got it! And it was a success. I love simple jelly cheesecake that not only give a boost to my confidence in baking, but also I will have nice food photos to show you readers. Hope one day I'll be more courageous to work on new creations for cheesecake.


Crust Ingredients:
  • 100g cornflakes processed into fine crumbs (or like powder-form)
  • 60g melted butter
Cheesecake Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp gelatin powder
  • 3/4 cup hot boiling water
  • 1 block (250g) softened cream cheese
  • 45g icing sugar
  • 1/3 cup Vitagen, optional
Jelly Layer:
  • 1  pack (90g) Tortally brand jelly powder
  • 250ml hot water
  • 250ml cold water

Crust Process:
  • Processed the cornflakes till its finest, like powder form. Mix well with melted butter. Put the mixture into the baking tin, level it with a spoon and fridge it about an hour or more, till it hardens.
Cheesecake Process:
  • In a bowl of hot water, dissolve gelatin powder, keep stirring till everything dissolved. Set aside to cool.
  • Whisk cream cheese, icing sugar and Vitagen in the mixer till light and fluffy.
  • Add gelatin mixture a little at a time while whisking till the batter is smooth.
  • Prick holes with a fork on the crust and pour the cream cheese mixture, level it or tap on the kitchen top to release bubbles. It works both way to levelling it. Fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Jelly Process:
  • Add jelly powder and hot water in a bowl and whisk till the jelly crystals dissolve completely.
  • Then add in cold water and mix well. Set a side to cool for a while. 
  • Pour the cooled jelly mixture over the cream cheese layer and chill in the fridge till jelly is set.


After two attempts, I realize that I should follow the quantity for crust as I find that it is way too thin a layer, though it is still acceptable otherwise. Also should add a bottle of Vitagen instead of what I have mentioned above. Never mind. I can try again anytime.

What makes my cheesecake different is only that crust part. Seriously, I just want to reduce food wastage. So I use the pack of cornflakes instead of digestive biscuits. Once I finished the whole pack, I shall try on digestive biscuits or something else which I can think of.

I think currently I'm hooked in making no-bake cheesecake because it is easy and most importantly, my husband loves it and will give face, have a piece or two for breakfast or supper. There is still rooms for improvement and I certainly will try to open up my brain cells to think of more flavours, creations for cheesecake. Especially making use of whatever is available at home without having to buy new ones.

Please reduce food wastage and save more money!



Recipe adapted from: http://www.noobcook.com/strawberry-jelly-cheesecake/