2023 Version - 5 Dramas/Movies I watch on Netflix

Credit: online screen grab

I have been doing a summary of the drama series/shows/movies I watched on Netflix since 2022 and this is gonna be my 3rd post for 2023. This is just 1st half of 2023, probably I will do another for 2nd half? We shall see.

In case you miss my past posts, here they are:

Let's get started on my 2023 list!

πŸ‘1. THE GLORY - Korean Drama

Credit: online screen grab

I must say that I have ZERO TOLERANCE with school bullying, whether is physical or verbal abuse. It causes lots of emotional distress and can lead to suicide. SO PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR TEACHER OR SCHOOL PRINCIPAL IF YOU HAVE BEEN BULLIED IN SCHOOL! IF NOTHING DONE, OFF TO THE POLICE. DON'T LET SUCH BULLYING SCAR YOU FOR LIFE! Cursing and swearing (nearly flip table) that group of morons for torturing Moon Dong-Eun (by Song Hye-kyo) and ended up, KARMA BITES. Serve them right! Can't bring them to justice then use other ways to let them taste their own medicine. Dong-Eun's only obstacles will be her useless money minded mum who ditched her when she was young and her darkness moments that haunted her all the while. Phew... luckily ζΆδΊΊζœ‰ζΆζŠ₯. 

πŸ‘Œ2. COMMITMENT - Korean Movie

Credit: online screen grab

Forget to add into my 2022 list. This is an old movie back in 2013 (according to Netflix) and if you are a fan of Big Bang or T.O.P himself, you can watch this. His character in this movie is a North Korean assassin whom goes to South Korea to finish his dad's mission in order to save his sister from the forced labour camp. He disguised himself as a defector to get his tasks done. Overall, predictable storyline and the character development was quite lacking but watchable if you like generic spy thriller movie. 

πŸ‘3. COPYCAT KILLER - Taiwanese Drama

Credit: online screen grab

Another production from Taiwan after Light the Night 华灯初上. Just love such storylines. My colleague finds it slow and boring but I'm perfectly alright because I'm the sort who wants to know what happen in the beginning that makes that person now. And you go guess who is the killer in the end. Psycho sia aiming at women. Torture them to death and not only that, chop one of their hand and one of their head. Return the body in a peculiar way which simply irks you so much. Oh and don't be judgmental based on looks. The brother of the psychologist was mistaken as the killer (which I did too) because of his disfigured and crooked face but actually he is just a friend of the suspect and of course, accomplice. Conclusion: cruelty at a whole new level. Damn it!!! 

This show has some similarity to the Korean drama, Through the Darkness. That one is a profiler while this one here is a prosecutor but both are investigating such high profile and complex cases.

πŸ‘4. LIGHT THE NIGHT - Taiwanese Drama

Credit: online screen grab

Forgotten yet again to include in my 2022 list. So now here it is. Nightclub scene in the old days of Taiwan. The mama sans and girls can speak Japanese because many Japanese patrons. Jealousy kills. 2 mama sans into 1 guy and the other old girl wanna be mama san after 1 mama san died. Complicated love hate relationship. You won't believe who the killer. I kinda know before the end and I can't believe is that person. Guess if you haven't watch. 

πŸ‘Œ5. MURDER MYSTERY 1 & 2 - American Movie

Credit: online screen grab

Watch MM1 first before you move on to MM2. This movie follows an eccentric married couple (starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler) who become suspects in the murder of a billionaire while on a European vacation. Oh crap... super hilarious to be honest. Then MM2 is a continuous of MM1 and this couple set up a PI business and yet another crime solved in MM2. Lack of excitement and very generic comedy. If not because of Jennifer Aniston, I think I can choose not to watch.

Hope you like my selection for 2023. Not sure what other shows that can draw my attention to and that I can finish the whole season. I have a unfinished Korean show which I probably put it in my 2nd half of the year list. Stay tune! Cheers.