Food Review | Mookata at Bugis Junction

Everybody knows I am gonna review another Thai BBQ a.k.a Mookata. This is the third place that I visit and I think I can conclude that Mookata is almost the same everywhere in Singapore. But here at Mookata Bugis Junction, it looks like we are having Korean BBQ because it has that smoke extractor on top every table. At least this is good because you won't smell like BBQ on your way home in the train. Minimize on that smell. 

Another thing I like about having Mookata is that the UFO like bbq cum steamboat able to make the soup taste so good. Because the bbq pan has little corners for the seasonings from those meat to flowing to the side into the soup with vegetables boiled in there. You will end up with a nice tasty soup. 


Like any other times, I would zoom into their set menu instantly because I need not think of what I want to have and the combination is just good enough and somtimes, sufficient for two. Enjoy every bits of everyting.

This is what we get for a set of 2 at S$34.90 (subject to GST & Service Tax). More of a portion of veggie and meat (chicken, pork, suriyaki, streaky bacon, pork belly, meatballs) with some seafood (prawns, squids, fishballs, crabsticks, otah fishcakes). Later on, we ordered an additional plate of Tom Yum Chicken that is of average taste. Go along with some cold refreshing homemade barley drink.




The only thing that I don't really like is the sound of dropped plate or whatever. Twice within that hour we got disrupted from our conversation because of that. Annoying much. 

So it is another Mookata experience at a different place (been to two others) and I have to say all of them are similar in a way or two. It depends of what they can offer in terms of the food varieties most of the time in order to define themselves from others. At least for me. Or maybe the cut of the meat they use, whether it is fresh and chewy after cook. Lastly and most importantly, it must be worthy the price. Whatever. Every individual will have their own thoughts and preferences. And that is mine.

You can read on my previous short posts on my Mookata experiences:

Food Review - Charcoal Thai
Food Review - Tom Yum Kungfu

Enjoy!

Mookata
Traditional Thai BBQ
200 Victoria Street
#02-53 Bugis Junction
Singapore 188021
Nearest MRT: Bugis (EW/DTL)