How I Celebrated My 40th Birthday

My birthday celebrations were usually small-scaled with a few friends and family on separate times. Last year 2020 was the lousiest because Circuit Breaker period so my friends called for delivery to be sent to my house. All the cakes and drinks. So loved. And also a food delivery for dinner with the husband.

Finally this year 2021, my milestone 40th birthday, I got to go out and celebrate with friends and family. So blessed and grateful.

Treat at Canton Paradise

My April began with a treat from my bestie at Canton Paradise. It was a very fullfilling meal in the morning that fueled us up for an impromptus walk from her house to ECP, stopped for a beer and walked back. I clocked my 10k steps that day and that's for sure. That insane weather with a mask on, it was terrible but we managed that well. Will do it again when I go Bedok to look for her.

A Display Cabinet from the Mister

I was searching for a suitable cabinet for my room and found it on Forty Two which was just the right size for the corner. Couldn't bear to part with the money because it was a little expensive. So I asked from Mister if he was okay to buy for me as present. He immediately said yes. Hey I'm not asking for branded stuff or whatever. I'm asking for something practical. He knew I'm into crystals for months and at the rate of me buying whenever I fancy, no more space to put soon in our house. Very pleased with it.  

Dinner with my Folks

A simple half cooked half bought dinner back at my parents. My uncle came over too as usual so we had a good meal and chat over dinner. The topics were surrounded by the stupid Covid-19. Well, it is still ongoing so everyone, stay safe.

My folks bought a cake from the bakery at the market. Well it tasted good thou. Didn't needed any expensive ones from famous brands (unless these brands sponsor me). So I blew my first candle and had my first cake for the year. Nothing is more precious than spending your birthday with your family, especially with this pandemic still going on.

Treat at Saizeriya

Met up with another bestie of mine for lunch with my godsons and also to discuss on our online business. Not sure why I would always order Aglio Olio, probably because I loved simplicity and it was cheap. And also in love with their Tiramisu. Recommend you all to try their Tiramisu. It was so good and my bestie agreed too. And also like a default whenever we met up, it would be Saizeriya. Affordable price for everyone.

Dinner with my In-Laws

Homecooked food at their place because they siblings hired a helper to care for their mum (my in-law) and also cooked very well. My eldest SIL also a good cook. And they bought a cake to celebrate my birthday in advance too. Coffee cake. Nice.

Day out with the Mister on my Birthday

Had Chinese cuisine for brunch. So full we couldn't finish. And brought it home for dinner instead. Peeps out there, don't be shy about taking away unfinished food. You paid for it and it could last you for another meal. Plus, no food wastage. Isn't that great?


Then for dessert, managed to get an ice cream from Birds of Paradise because no queue. The moment you walked to their store, the smell of their waffle cone was so alluring. Got their sorbet and it was chilling good. A tad sweet for my old taste bud even though I preferred sorbet over creamy ice cream.

Walking around Jewel, had a coffee at Starbucks, bought groceries at NTUC and off we head home.

Claim a Complimentary Cake from Starbucks

I'm a fan of Starbucks and now shifting a little to Coffeebean (oops...) so being the member meant that you got your member perks on birthday month. So I claimed a New York Cheesecake and also a Hot Chocolate. Yumz... 

Treat at Longtail Asian Bar

Walked over to Fullerton and grabbed a shot with this one. I saw a lot of people online staying at this hotel because of its view. Ordered finger food to go with our Mojitos. This bar served some Thai and Vietnamese food. Thanks for the treat buddies and also choosing this place. If not, I would have forgotten this side of CBD even though I'm working in the area. I don't frequent this side.






Shall end this post with a night view of the high rise buildings at Raffles Place and us. Stay safe and cheers.