Travelogue | Osaka-Nara-Kyoto-Kobe, Japan

This is even way back to 2019 March. Nearly a year ago and I'm only doing it now because I actually got bored with blogging. Because I have to think of what to write and select plus edit of photos. I don't know what gives me the push now to restart all over again. So hopefully my readers will be back on track with my almost regular posting. Now I'm just clearing backlogs in a casual way. At least, I'm on point (I hope).

So planning for a trip with elderly on board can be quite easy or difficult. Depending on their conditions. Whether they can travel to visit attractions for the whole day or not, it will somehow affects your planning.

What I do is go for a semi-type of tour; neither full or free & easy package. It is a mix of both. For convenience sake, I just approached Chan Brothers. All I need is book my own flight (they quote me a little high) and the rest is settled by them. I got accommodation, airport transfers, day tours and breakfast provided at the hotel. Most importantly, the hotel they arranged were right on point for both Osaka and Kyoto. Love it. Convenient and the surroundings packed with restaurants, Japanese drug stores, malls and more. 

So let me start now to end the last travel backlog of 2019.

👇Our accommodation, Hotel New Hankyu. Those taking bus to and fro airport and hotel, the terminal is right beside it. The train station, Hankyu Umeda. Perfect location.



The following day, we headed for Nara Park. The deers are horn-less, with a cute white heart-shaped butt and leave you with traces of their poo poo in the park. Good luck stepping on them if you decided to feed them. 150yen for the crackers to feed them and take a bow from them. Follows behind if they spotted you with crackers on hand. I wonder how it tastes like because it looks yummy and makes me wanna try.





As you walk further in, it will bring you to Todai-Ji Great Buddha Hall. First, pass through Nandaimon Gate. Lots of human, weather was good.






👇Then across the road is Manyo Botanical Garden (or Kasugataisha Garden/Shrine). We went at the wrong season so nothing much to see, not even flower blooming. See their stony lamps along the path alright. Love one thing about walking in Japan's park or garden: Tranquility.



👇Before lunch, we went for a visit to Toshodaiji Temple 唐招提寺. Requested by my dad. Managed to spot Sakura blooms.







👇Our lunch venue. The ramen was damn good. And all of us were satisfied.



👇Let us move on to Kyoto. Shrines visiting day and loving it. All the postcard scenery became reality.



👇Wish for some love luck? Then you must visit this shrine for some luck. Disclaimer: really depends on individual luck. Or you can try dating app. Much faster.


👇The one and only Sakura tree during that time of visit. So nice don't you think? The stairs filled with human taking photos.




👇You can rent kimono and walk around this old Japan street for photo taking. It will be very nice given the backdrop. Make your rental worth it!



👇Visited Kobe. Nothing much in my opinion. Just the harbour and Chinatown. All we could think of was Kobe Beef. And we really did have it for lunch.



👇Starbucks and Kobe Port Tower. Bought a few mugs home. New additions from Japan! I guess the comforting thing here in Kobe will be my Starbucks hauls. The beginning of my Japan collection.


👇Visiting Chinatown. Had our Kobe beef lunch and roam around to look at this place, got some souvenirs and to pass our time.





👇Our lunch venue. Actually just go to any restaurant for Kobe beef will do to satisfy your taste bud. And now our bucket list checked ✅.



👇Osaka Castle 大阪城 and its surrounding. Out of our itinerary but we are willing to pay extra on the parking fee. Such a long walk from the carpark to the Castle. But along the way you get to see Sakura.




👇Across the Castle is Hokoku Shrine 豊國神社. Spot Sakura in white. So pretty.





👇On our way out to the carpark to meet the driver, greeted by Sakura again. During our entire trip, it wasn't Sakura full bloom yet. But these tiny bits that we managed to capture through our eyes were good enough. No complaints.

.
.
.
Dotonbori area on our last night in Osaka. My Glico Man is not light up yet when I was there. Just too early to miss it. And I did not know that this place could be this packed.




👇Spot Don Quijote. That is where I buy my 一籣拉面 Ichiran Ramen instant noodles pack home. Cheaper by half as compared to Singapore. Cannot miss.

And there is touristy ferry ride along this river (I think) so if you don't wanna walk, take that ride to enjoy the views of this area Dotonbori. Also along the river, there are performances. What I saw were mostly young Japanese girls performing on the opposite of the river while audiences on the other side. Interesting.



👇Went early morning to Universal Studios Japan. Bought the Express pass on the spot but the pass has some limitation as not all rides included.



👇Harry Potter Theme Park. Bucket list checked ✅. My purpose of coming USJ.





👇Told myself I have to bring back this mug. So I spent more just for this, though it was plastic mug. Butter beer is sweet and foamy.


👇Each of us had a large turkey leg for lunch. And yes, we finished them on our own. Super shiok on such cold weather.


👇Then bought  a Minion bun that looks too cute to bite on.


👇And a popcorn container. I insist on getting one home because I did so when I visited Tokyo Disneyland in 2011. That time I got Winnie the Pooh.


Some highlights of my USJ trip. Have to get back by evening time to bring my folks for dinner and visit Dotonbori too. Travelling from hotel to USJ was fast for us. Took a total of 15mins. Really got ourselves the right hotel stay.

Try my best to insert links for your reference. Check those attractions' name in bold (if bold but no links, sorry maybe is just for the sake of bolding it. hehehe).

Overall, very worthy trip because finally the folks flew further than the usual, enjoyed the cold and beautiful sights of Japan. Still more to cover in Kansai area, probably will come again. But not gonna come during Sakura season because it was expensive and many visitors too.

If you ask me to choose my favourite place from this trip, I think is Kyoto.
There is more in Kyoto for us to explore. Shall be back again one day, for sure.

Enjoy.