Misconception of Quit without a Job

A hiatus from blogging. Probably I should do it again.

It has been a month and a half since I left my last job. Yes I quit without a job.
I have went for 4 job interviews since my notice period in my last job.
None of them successful. It didn't matter that much unless is something that I'm keen.
Because December 2019 and January 2020 are festive months so enjoy first.
Comes what may.

But one thing that I can't stand was being asked: Why did you just quit without finding a job first?

Excuse me. Is there a problem? Are you thinking that I'm being asked to leave? Or poor work performance? Or what? You don't understand, I also don't understand why such narrow-minded questions are being asked.

You can do reference check or screen me. You are really most welcome.

First of all, please understand that this is a individual choice to leave the job without finding another one yet. Get this clear. Singapore is a democratic society. We have our rights.

Some would leave upon getting a new job. They have commitments like kids, their flat, elderly parents and etc so they must have a job in order for these commitments to continue to be fulfilled. In Singapore, no money no talk.

Some would leave without a job because they want to. They may want a break first before the next job, further their study to improve themselves in order to stay competitive in this already competitive market, set up their own business and etc. Who say these people don't need money? Who say these people got no commitments? Who say these people might have rich parents or spouses who can support them? These people just want a change in their own direction to do something that they want. They probably have their own savings. Yes it will dry up but maybe they got other ways to earn them back. Probably they will be thrifty but not to the extend of starving themselves or isolate themselves from the outside.

So why are HR personnel or recruiters so skeptical about such candidates? Your application forms will want candidates to indicate job references so go and check lah! You will ask for certificates and work testimonials right? Go read the testimonials and find out yourself. Interview performance does not equate to on the job performance. They can leave you a very good impression during an interview but they can't work when onboard so what is the point then? I see a lot of such people can or not? And I'm not even a HR or recruiter hor!

I might not perform well at interviews or probably being judge by my looks but I personally think I am a good worker. 

From now on, I shall tackle such questions in a straight-forward manner with this:

'This is my personal choice and it has nothing to do with my work performance because I think I'm great in my work with all the Companies that I have worked with the past decade. I feel happy when I'm not working because I can do the things I wanna do which wasn't able to when I'm a working professional. If you have any doubts, feel free to contact the references that I have provided in the application forms or you can read my work testimonials.'

Do you think this can shut their mouth? Sound scripted but yes this is from the bottom of my heart.

I really hope HR personnel and recruiters can change their mindset on this 'Quit without a Job' thingy.

21st century liao still no change. So disappointed with such people.

Outsiders may have different views and might criticize me but so long as I'm happy, I won't be bothered by such criticisms. At least I will still send out my resumes and attend interviews. So, Peace yo!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

PS: I'm currently running my online t-shirt business and home cooking platform on FB and Instagram. Though the purchases and following wasn't great as other online platforms but I have never give up in trying all means to work things out and make it great! It started from small. I will make it big one day!