What to do in your 40s | Hair Treatment Journey

My hair fall problem went from bad to worst till Mister couldn't take it anymore, seeing my hairs all over our home. Though my ex-colleague recommended one salon to me already after I saw her posting on IG story, only recently I decided to go for it. I was thinking since I have already spent 不必要的钱 on buying useless crystals (I regretted big times), then I can do for my hair fall problem which is more important than anything else too. And it was actually cheaper than the amount I spent on useless crystals.


Getting Started

The first appointment that I booked was at Jurong East outlet because I was hanging out at my parents' place. It was quite easy to book appointment on their website though it depends on the availability on that date you want. Most of the time fully booked. That goes to show how popular this salon is. Choose between Colour or Colourless Herbal Treatment. I chose Colourless because no obvious white hairs at the moment. Please bring extra face mask, just in case it gets dirty during the treatment process. Yes full masked throughout the treatment.

The salon was clean, cosy and well-ventilated so wearing a mask throughout isn't that uncomfortable. At their counter, they determine the price of your treatment based on your hair length. And then they will assign you a seat for the scalp analysis.


First timer gets a complimentary scalp analysis. You have to tell them you are first timer. Don't forget that. Mine was a clogged follicle, oily scalp and a little dandruff. So sad. And they said probably I don't blow dry my hair. Yes I don't blow dry my hair at all. I will let it dry on its own with little effort in drying even with the towel. So from then on, I start to blow dry everytime I wash my hair at home. 

Luckily I got a lousy and noisy hairdryer that is underused. Any sponsors for hairdryer, please contact me ya.

Back on the treatment. After the scan, proceed with the treatment. Was recommended to purchase their hair spa at $31 per tub. What's good is I can bring them for my treatment session and they can apply for me on my hair for free. But only their brand. Strictly no others. And I can use it at home as conditioner.

The Treatment Process 


That was me with all the herbal tonic, cream on my hair. They applied layer by layer. The smell was mild and  bearable, not affecting me that much. And it felt so minty cool on the scalp. I love it.


Here we go on this UFO steamer on top of my head. So basically the whole process from start to end including application, steaming, washing and blow drying last about 1.5 hours. Still reasonable because with the freak weather, I can stay in air-conditioned place for as long as it permits. Remember to charge your phone before heading for your appointment so that you can either take a nap or surf the net with their free wifi. Thank God!

I love the washing part. Seldom go salon to wash hair because I can do it myself but I still enjoy the hair washing by someone else because so shiok and some will massage your head and neck. 

Packages and Products

So at the end of the session, make your payment. I like the fact that they are not pushy towards their products and packages. They just go through the details and that's all. They won't say further unless you have questions. Want or not depends on yourself. For me, I signed a package for 6 sessions and free 1 product. I chose the scalp shampoo. I am obsessed with my scalp now so I will do anything to prevent any further hair fall. The package price is your hair length price x 6 sessions. As easy as can be. Your first visit will be deducted from the package so you are left with 5 sessions.


These are the two products I'm using at the moment. Will add one more product to the squad: Scalp Hair Tonic. So that I can spray on them and slowly cure the root problem. I hope. *fingers crossed*

Other than treatment, you have to look into your lifestyle. You can't expect to have a healthy locks of hair when you drink often, sleep less, eat junks. For me, I shall sleep early and watch less FB Live. And stop snacking and start exercising more than the current.

Hopefully I will finish the package by end of year. Actually it was suggested for us to go every week in the beginning and thereafter 2 weeks once. But due to my stingy character, I spread it out to once a month. But at least I bought their products to use at home. At least.

To learn more or book appointments, visit their website at https://www.beechoohair.com/ or you can follow them on Instagram at @beechooorigin

Enjoy!