Support Local | Entrepreneurship

Time to show support for local businesses or entrepreneurship they say. Don't always look to foreign brands or businesses. Think too highly of them to even neglect the local ones huh? Let's be honest. How many of our local brands also started here before venturing out abroad? Before that, they build a good foundation and gained support from locals. So keep doing the same for those local startups or those with entrepreneur dreams. Without your support, how can they go far? Use that spirit of supporting foreign brands on our local ones lah. Must be fair mah, right? You have your own dreams, so are these people, right? Maybe yours are different from them only.

Let me feature a few of my personal friends who are doing businesses on Instagram. Look out for them on Instagram with the links provided.


My girlfriend is selling Susenji products like the Body Massage Gel and Susenji Orange MOFA (a detox drink). I got from her the massage gel for my stubborn tummy fats. You know you haven't been running a lot everyday or alternate days like last time and then once you stopped, the fats just gonna accumulate back over the years. I'm not encouraging you to just use the gel and not exercising. Everything shall have its balance: exercise and gel. So I incorporate my 10 mins exercise and the use of this gel in order to see the results in months' time. Nothing will happen in a blink of an eye. So have to be patient. 

I got my husband to use it together with me. So that we will know who gets to see results from using. Yes a little improvement already. Quite excited to share more. 

Find out more on her Instagram and contact her there if you wanna buy. Her name, Joanne.

PS: She used to do home-based nails business. Not sure if she is still doing. I did it with her a few times too. Convenient because is just at Yishun. Oops... 







Gotta know this chirpy lady in my previous workplace many years ago. So she is my ex-colleague, now friend. Her name, Farah. I did my sticker printing for The Lenggu's Kitchen with them and recently another one for Shop with the Lenggu's. The quality was good. You get to choose between indoor or outdoor type, which means water-proof or not. Can't wait to use them on my designed tee.

Find out more on their Instagram and also browse the printing projects they have done so far. They can help you with simple design too, if you have a rough idea how you want your stickers/logo to be. 

If that doesn't satisfied you, go make some paper tags for your gifts or even products. Hook up with them at @papertagsg. Maybe I shall do some tags too. Let me do some planning.

Credit: The Sticks Times


Okay. Now is my turn to promote my own business. I know some friends are not hopeful for this business of mine but if I never try, I never know. Already received negative responses but that didn't dampen my spirit of coming out with quirky quotes associated with food to be printed on a t-shirt. Who doesn't like wearing a t-shirt? I for one love it. That is why I print my designs on t-shirts than others. Whenever something comes up in mind, I wanna express out. For the longest time, I didn't do it until in June 2019. Finally found an outlet to do so.

Next launch coming soon. So stay tune for more updates on our Instagram account.



Okay. This one is not selling you anything but providing you with knowledge on military stuff. Like a history museum. It was set up by my classmate's husband who is a dedicated teacher in Singapore too. From the way I see, he is so into the military stuff from many countries and especially from the past. There are lots of collection from uniforms, badges, helmets and so on. Learn more on their Facebook page

Credit: Alvin's Bunker


5. Travel Agency in Chinatown

My friend worked in travel industry and when I starting to go overseas trips with my friends, I will go to her since I know she knows best. Even though in this case she is working for others and not on her until recent years. I mean I just like to support friends when I can. Now I think her focus is more on cruise. But given this pandemic, how to go? My last cruise was with my family and also arranged by her. Till I get more info from her, shall update again here on how to hook up with her on cruise package. I wonder if she is still doing ya. For me to find out.

Below are some that no longer exists. 

6. Beauty Parlour at Jurong West - XT Body Nails Face
Two of my secondary school mates joined one more partner to open a beauty parlour that provide services like nails, facial, massage and so on. Was there for their launch and opening ceremony at their Jurong West shop. Not just that, we even patronize them for nails. Then slowly, with the competition around, it eventually closed. I guess it is an experience for them as a boss. At least they were once bosses of a business. And they learn some skills from this venture. Why not?

7. Stall Setup at Jurong East
My friend's ex set up a stall at shophouses selling toys, displays and so on at Jurong East Central. I will also support by going down there and buy some stuff I like. Also can chit chat with my girlfriend and shop around the then Jurong Entertainment Centre. Love those days because back then already felt proud to know someone who had their own business. That's more than a decade ago.

So what do you think?

That entrepreneurial spirit is within us. Just need exploration. Who doesn't want to be their own boss? Even myself too. Though will face the common problems like financial, manpower and so on. Once we overcome it, say hi to earnings. That's why we should constantly look out for opportunities.

With the technology evolving every now and then, accessing to functions (eg. accounting, payment modes and etc) that can help with your business made easy electronically. Don't need to start a costly brick and mortar store. Do it online first to test water. Low operating costs. But tiring as you need to handle everything on your own. But when your business flourish, you will feel that sense of satisfaction. Bear the fruits of your hard work. Please also abide to our Singapore regulations too while venturing your entrepreneurial dreams.

I would like to say this again, support local entrepreneurship. If not you, then who? Others? I'm asking others too. And is YOU!